- Go to a safe place.
- Do not: shower, wash hands, douche, brush teeth, mouthwash, eat, smoke, drink, change clothes. if you do so, you will destroy medical evidence .
- Tell a friend or a roommate so they can go to the hospital with you.
- Go to the hospital and have a rape kit done. Do not go to campus health services go to a hospital off campus. Bring a change of clothes or have someone bring clothes. They will keep your clothes as evidence.
- If the doctor makes you feel uncomfortable ask for a different doctor. Tell the doctor to explain everything, so you feel comfortable.
- Call the police. Do not call campus police on a college campus call 911 for the city police department. The city police are experienced and are advocates there to help the victim of the crime.
- Tell your parents what happened they are there to help you and will take care of you.
- Remember, you are the victim of a crime not the criminal.
- Follow up with your doctor in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Seek counseling.
What To Do If You Are Raped
You must be logged in to post a comment.